cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the SAI_GCR for a STM32G441 described?

Nickelgrass
Senior

In the reference manual RM440 Rev7 that register is missing while the register is defined in the SAI_TypeDef. I only found a description in the F446 RM0390. Are they the same?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hi @Nickelgrass​,

The STM32G4 has only one SAI, so there is no synchronization to another SAIs.

Therefore the GCR register, which defines synchronization, is not present in STM32G4 and the RM0440 is correct.

For that, the SAI_GCR register must be removed in SAI_TypeDef.

I reported this issue internally.

Internal ticket number: 142578(This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Nickelgrass​,

I will check and get back to you.

Thanks for reporting this confusion.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hi @Nickelgrass​,

The STM32G4 has only one SAI, so there is no synchronization to another SAIs.

Therefore the GCR register, which defines synchronization, is not present in STM32G4 and the RM0440 is correct.

For that, the SAI_GCR register must be removed in SAI_TypeDef.

I reported this issue internally.

Internal ticket number: 142578(This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Thank you.

Kaouthar

Nickelgrass
Senior

Thank you!