cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your role?

LSang.11
Associate II

void DMA_DoubleBufferModeConfig(DMA_Stream_TypeDef* DMAy_Streamx, uint32_t Memory1BaseAddr,

uint32_t DMA_CurrentMemory)

What is your role?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The related source code from ST is generally also commented explaining some of the outline, use and context.

Double buffering in ST's naming relates to using Two distinct memory buffers (address, and size) for DMA data into/out-of, and alternating between the two.

Perhaps like a Ping-Pong concept that walks through memory as it would allow you to change the address of the inactive buffer, whilst the DMA unit deals with the active one.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Uwe Bonnes
Principal III

Find out by descrambling the HAL/MX obfuscator by reading the reference manual carefully.

> What is your role?

I don't understand, try to describe your question in more detail.

This is SPL, not Cube/HAL; but the point is the same: the ultimate information source is the Reference Manual for given STM32.

JW

The related source code from ST is generally also commented explaining some of the outline, use and context.

Double buffering in ST's naming relates to using Two distinct memory buffers (address, and size) for DMA data into/out-of, and alternating between the two.

Perhaps like a Ping-Pong concept that walks through memory as it would allow you to change the address of the inactive buffer, whilst the DMA unit deals with the active one.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..