cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

W25Q32 SPI FLASH ON STM32U083MCT6: f_mount() returns FR_NO_FILESYSTEM

RB4020
Associate II

I'm using STM32U083C-DK which contains STM32U083MCT6 MCU. I want to use W25Q32 NOR Flash using standard SPI protocol. For implementing the file system, for my MCU -> Middleware doesn't have FATFS instead it has FileX, LevelX and ThreadX. I couldn't find any relevant reference to implement the file system according to my requirements (STM32U0XX + W25QXX NOR FLASH + SPI) using FileX. I tried by taking some github repos as reference.... like, Fx_NoR_Write_Read_File  which uses ThreadX as well & it uses OSPI (I tried to replicate it for my requirements but it didn't work) and then Fx_SRAM_File_Edit_Standalone (I tried to replicate this also, like FileX Standalone + NOR SPI, but didn't work).

So, then I saw SPI_Flash_Uart_Led_Polling_V1.0 which uses FatFS for W25QXX uisng stm32f429igt6 MCU. I tried to replicate this but f_mount() is returning FR_NO_FILESYSTEM error. Anyone know how to fix it?
Or it would be really great if anyone guide me how to use FileX + LevelX (may be in standalone or using ThreadX, whichever is possible and simple).

I'm attaching the file in which I replicated the FatFS one for better understanding. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Before initial uses, if you get this message you need to use f_mkfs() once to put FAT file system data on to the media, equivalent to formatting the memory. 

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Before initial uses, if you get this message you need to use f_mkfs() once to put FAT file system data on to the media, equivalent to formatting the memory. 

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..