cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32L0538-DISCO Demo program

Daitec.1
Associate II

I recently bought the STM32L0538-DISCO board. I have seen the following video in youtube where you can see the functions of this board in full. Where can I find the source code for STM32Cube?

On the info page of the board I have not found one that works for STM32Cube.

Thank you very much

16 REPLIES 16

We won't be able to resume testing the board until the middle of next year.

If you are lucky and get it up and running, let us know.

Good luck to you

Hello,

We have updated the BSP drivers to support the new GDEY0213B74 E-paper display component.

Here is the link to the BSP example that supports both E-paper display components (DEY0213B74 and GDE021A1):

The BSP example provides 2 project configurations:

- STM32L0538-Discovery RevB03 : Board contains the GDEY0213B74 E-paper display component.

- STM32L0538-Discovery : Board contains the GDE021A1 E-paper display component.

So, you should select the configuration to be used according to the revision of your board.

Otherwise, the demo software has not been updated. However, you can be inspired by the BSP example.

BeST Regards,

Walid

JCard.3
Associate

Oh, wow! I just found this thread after losing one afternoon getting the demo app working. First, the pre-compiled binaries mentioned in the documentation are nowhere to be found. Compiling the project from scratch just results in a binary that blinks LEDs but no display. This is pretty disappointing... I guess I'll think twice before buying another discovery board in the future...

JCard.3
Associate

I finally got the demo program running on a RevB03 board. :rocket:

Sharing this for my future self or for others in the same situation:

1. Clone the repo linked by @Walid ZRELLI​ : https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeL0.git
  2. From the root of that repo: cp -r ./Drivers/BSP/Components/gdem0213b74 ./Projects/32L0538DISCOVERY/Demonstrations/SW4STM32/STM32L0538-Discovery/Drivers/BSP
  3. From STM32CubeIDE, open project ./Projects/32L0538DISCOVERY/Demonstrations/SW4STM32/STM32L0538-Discovery
  4. Right click project -> Properties -> C/C++ Build -> Settings -> GCC Compiler -> Preprocessor Change USE_STM32L0538_DISCO to USE_STM32L0538_DISCO_REV_B03

0693W00000Y7ZceQAF.png 5. Build and flash

The dimensions of this display must be different from the original, because the GUI looks truncated but otherwise it works as documented in the readme.txt

0693W00000Y7ZXLQA3.jpg 

Hello JCard.3,

We had exactly the same problem as you, we lost a lot of time on something that should be working the first time. When you start testing it and nothing works, you feel a bit ripped off, that's why you buy these kind of demo boards.

I think ST is not taking good care of these products and that could be a good differentiating factor from the competition. For future projects, we are also considering if it is really worth this kind of boards.

Thank you very much for sharing your work. When we can, let's look at reviving the board. 😀

DLind.6
Associate

I ran the BSP example for the revB03 board using stm32cudeide and got the display working by creating a new project, choosing the board from the Example Selector and choosing the BSP example..., as suggested above change the preprocessor setting and adding the gdem0213b74 folder (from git repo mentioned above) to the Drivers/Components project folder.