cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32L0538-DISCO Demo program

Daitec.1
Associate II

I recently bought the STM32L0538-DISCO board. I have seen the following video in youtube where you can see the functions of this board in full. Where can I find the source code for STM32Cube?

On the info page of the board I have not found one that works for STM32Cube.

Thank you very much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JCard.3
Associate

I finally got the demo program running on a RevB03 board. :rocket:

Sharing this for my future self or for others in the same situation:

1. Clone the repo linked by @Walid ZRELLI​ : https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeL0.git
  2. From the root of that repo: cp -r ./Drivers/BSP/Components/gdem0213b74 ./Projects/32L0538DISCOVERY/Demonstrations/SW4STM32/STM32L0538-Discovery/Drivers/BSP
  3. From STM32CubeIDE, open project ./Projects/32L0538DISCOVERY/Demonstrations/SW4STM32/STM32L0538-Discovery
  4. Right click project -> Properties -> C/C++ Build -> Settings -> GCC Compiler -> Preprocessor Change USE_STM32L0538_DISCO to USE_STM32L0538_DISCO_REV_B03

0693W00000Y7ZceQAF.png 5. Build and flash

The dimensions of this display must be different from the original, because the GUI looks truncated but otherwise it works as documented in the readme.txt

0693W00000Y7ZXLQA3.jpg 

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

The materials might well predate the auto-generated stuff.

The CubeL0 directories should have project files for assorted tools (KEIL, IAR), with applications and demos under the board's directory.

STM32Cube_FW_L0_V1.11.3\Projects\32L0538DISCOVERY\Demonstrations\readme.txt

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Daitec.1
Associate II

In the D:\ST\en.stm32cubel0_v1-12-0\STM32Cube_FW_L0_V1.12.0\Projects\32L0538DISCOVERY\Demonstrations\ directory I find a project. This I can import and compile with the Cube without error, but I load it and it doesn't do anything.

I have previously made a bilnk program and it works without problem. If I load the demo project, it loads without error, but it never overwrites the blink project. It's very strange.

You could try debugging it, or use the free Keil licence.

I'd suspect the issue with importation relates to the linker script, or GNU/GCC specifics. Precompiled .HEX files are provided.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
S.Ma
Principal

Check the board user manual for revisions. Maybe BOM has changed without Demo SW update and may not be working anymore. Not all components in a disco have the same longevity or SW compatibility.

Daitec.1
Associate II

I have managed to compile and load the demo project, both with the Cube and Keil. The result is the same, the two leds blink, the screen shows nothing and the buttons and the touch do not react.

A demo and evaluation kit is not supposed to have these problems.

Daitec.1
Associate II

Finally I have contacted ST directly and they have confirmed that they have changed components and that they have not modified the project.

I have been told to contact the manufacturers by and adapt the code myself. Thing that I see inadmissible because for that you buy a plate with the ST support behind.

I have contacted one of the manufacturers and the code and documentation they have provided is terrible.

SStew
Associate

Do you know what components changed? I have two brand new boards with the same problem, even when downloading the demo binary.

I found a newer version of the user manual that includes board revisions (we have B-03):

Board revision history: MB1143 revision B-03 The revision B-03 of the MB1143 board corresponds to:

• E-paper display U4 replaced with impact on firmware

• Several part references updated due to obsolescence (such as transistors or others, see bill of materials for details)

Board known limitations: Revision B-03

• No demonstration software is provided from this revision.

Daitec.1
Associate II

Hi SStew,

It looks like they changed the screen to GDEY0213B74, but I don't have the BOM.

They told me that they updated the BSP. I'll pass you the link:

https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeL0/tree/master/Projects/32L0538DISCOVERY/Examples

We tested it and it gave us some problem, so we ended up discarding the demo board and continue the project on our own. A pity for the board, really.

I hope you have more patience and luck.

Best regards

Thank you very much for the update!