cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H747I-DISCO working Ethernet example project

ranciere
Associate III

Hi all,

I would like to create a STM32CubeIDE project for my H747 discovery board. I've modified the board (rerouting to the ethernet IC) as the guide propose and the it is working (I tried out with MBED OS socket example).

But in the ST IDE there isn't any LwIP example for H747I-DISCO. How can I create one? (I tried to port an Nucleo H743ZI example, but it was unsuccessful).

Regards,

ranciere

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @ranciere​ and welcome to the STM32 Community 🙂

I recommend you to check the datasheet of your board that helps you in the pins configuration.

Also, refer to the "Ethernet section" in this UM2411 User manual Discovery kit with STM32H747XI MCU , and check the possible Ethernet settings of all solder bridges or resistor associated with the Ethernet on the board.

0693W00000ANqhrQAD.jpgYou'll probably want to look at this article How to create project for STM32H7 with Ethernet and LwIP stack working that help you to configure your project using STM32CubeMX.

Hope my answer helps you 😊!

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @ranciere​ and welcome to the STM32 Community 🙂

I recommend you to check the datasheet of your board that helps you in the pins configuration.

Also, refer to the "Ethernet section" in this UM2411 User manual Discovery kit with STM32H747XI MCU , and check the possible Ethernet settings of all solder bridges or resistor associated with the Ethernet on the board.

0693W00000ANqhrQAD.jpgYou'll probably want to look at this article How to create project for STM32H7 with Ethernet and LwIP stack working that help you to configure your project using STM32CubeMX.

Hope my answer helps you 😊!

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
aMoha.1
Associate II

Hi, I just bought this DISCO board with $120 because of the Ethernet port, but all the BSP application and examples and Internet have no Ethernet example, please provide the information on how to use Ethernet. At least, you as the vendor, have to provide some demo to prove the Ethernet capabilities for customer evaluation on potential applications.

aMoha.1
Associate II

I just did some research, it seems the DISCO needs some hardware changes. If so, please advise how to do it, nowhere can I find those info from ST website, looks like cheating money on our poor students who like to learn new technology, very disappointed with DISCO product.

Imen's comment above answers exactly this question. Maybe try reading?

And, speaking about examples - take any example for H7 dualcore and adapt it to your board.