cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stm32f429 disc1

harry123
Senior

Hi

Im using Stm32f429 disc1 board internal adc im using the signal generator and giving constant input but the waveform after plotting gives variation for each trail.Screenshot (7).png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The ADC will load the signal to some degree. It acts like a ~50 kOhm load. If your signal generator is in high impedance mode, this will affect the signal. Probably that is the issue.

Solutions:

• Use a better signal generator that can drive lower impedance modes.
  • Buffer the signal generator output with a voltage follower or other op-amp solution with high input impedance.
If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TDK
Guru

Seems like a reasonable signal to me.

ADC values will not be exact, expect some amount of noise. See here for general tips to improve ADC accuracy:

https://www.st.com/resource/en/application_note/an2834-how-to-optimize-the-adc-accuracy-in-the-stm32-mcus-stmicroelectronics.pdf

https://www.st.com/resource/en/application_note/an4073-how-to-improve-adc-accuracy-when-using-stm32f2xx-and-stm32f4xx-microcontrollers-stmicroelectronics.pdf

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
harry123
Senior

The input signal is shifting as soon as I connect to my stm32f429 board 

Add more details here if you want a more specific response. What are the blue and red lines? What are you expecting them to look like and why? What does shifting mean? You say constant input, but your output looks like a wave? How is signal being generated?

harry123
Senior

1)A sine wave  from the function generator when checked through oscilloscope before and after connecting to input of stm giving me little shift (before converting)

2)The red and blue line are output waveform after converting the adc sample.

3)I'm not able to find out where I'm going wrong

I want a fixed output whenever I measure

The ADC will load the signal to some degree. It acts like a ~50 kOhm load. If your signal generator is in high impedance mode, this will affect the signal. Probably that is the issue.

Solutions:

• Use a better signal generator that can drive lower impedance modes.
  • Buffer the signal generator output with a voltage follower or other op-amp solution with high input impedance.