cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F407VGT6 configuration for PHY LAN8720A using STM32CubeIDE

MRegu.2
Associate

Hi, i'm using a STM32F407VGT6 mcu and i'm trying to make a basic ethernet connection with the phy 8720A. I set a basic configuration using the STM32CubeIDE with ETH perihperal (without DHCP) and LWIP. Still, i can't get the board respond to a ping.

I have checked the hardware connection pin by pin and the presence of the clock signal in the corresponding PHY pin, and everything looks fine.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.-

3 REPLIES 3

Hello @MRegu.2​ 

Welcome to ST Community 😊

You can use the STM32CubeMx tool which allow you to initialize Ethernet peripheral you need with the configuration you want. Then, generate your starting projects with STM32CubeIDE and develop the basic configuration of your application.

You can review Ethernet examples available in the STM32CubeF4 package:

Path : Projects\STM32469I_EVAL\Applications\LwIP\LwIP_TCP_Echo_Client

As well, you can refer to the reference manual RM0090 it provides complete information on how to use the Ethernet peripheral.

Have a look to these documents:

- UM1709, it maybe helpful as it provides a full description of how to implement In-Application Programming (IAP) using Ethernet communication.

- AN3966 "LwIP TCP/IP stack demonstration for STM32F4x7 microcontrollers�? .

- UM1713 is a user manual about “Developing applications on STM32Cube with LwIP TCP/IP stack�? which can help you a lot to go further in your application.

I hope this help you.

BeST Regards,

Walid

GVita.11
Associate II

Hello @MRegu.2​ 

i had the same problem as you. But I couldn't solve it. I have already tested the suggested solutions. Is it possible for you to help me solve it? Can you give me a simple working project?

thanks for your attention.

Best Regars

Giovanni

GVita.11
Associate II

Dear @MRegu.2​ 

i solved the problem, go to stm32f4xx_hal_conf.h and change the LAN8742A_PHY_ADDRESS from 1U to 0U. This is how it works. Greetings Giovanni