cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 Bootloader: What is Bootloader, how to use it & what are all the concepts we need to know to implement bootloader in STM32L4R5ZI MCU?

Shilpashree Madhu
Associate III

Why we need Bootloader, what is the tool to implement this, How to interface it, what are the Security features available in Bootloader?

4 REPLIES 4
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

It depends on which bootloader you are talking about: you can use the internal bootloader, which is discussed in detail in AN2606, or you can use your own, self-written one.

Difference:

• the internal one is in parallel to the user flash, so it does not take up any space for the user application
  • a self-written one offers full flexibility, but reduces the usable user Flash

Please read the documentation in AN2606 mentioned above as it probably answers a lot of your questions.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks @Peter BENSCH​ 

Hi @Peter BENSCH​ ,

I want to write my own bootloader..

Can you please help me out...

>>I want to write my own bootloader..

That's likely to require you to read the manuals, the documentation,and perhaps college level texts on the topic area, and DIY

This book broaches the concepts

https://www.oreilly.com/library/view/making-embedded-systems/9781449308889/

>>Can you please help me out...

With which part the Coding, or the Concepts? This is a topic area requiring days of work, forum work is unpaid.

Perhaps you have colleagues or other team members? Local contractors?

If you need something to Copy, perhaps look at ST's IAP and secure loader sources/examples. There are examples of pulling firmware files from USB sticks, etc.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..