cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFR view, wrong address of registers bit field?

GHrib.1
Associate III

I am working with STM32G474RET6U MCU and I would like to check the values of bit filed EXTSEL (ADCx->CFGR.EXTSEL) the problem is that according to SFR view this bit field starts on 6th bit of CFR register, but according to the reference manual it should start on the 5th bit.

Is this a mistake of STM or am I missing something?

0693W00000WJYL9QAP.png0693W00000WJYKuQAP.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Piranha
Chief II

That is an error in SVD file. The SVD files are with so many errors that reporting those one by one will never fix those...

@KDJEM.1​ , also the EXTSEL field in the reference manual should be shown as a single 5-bit wide field, not that mess of a separate bits.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
S.Ma
Principal

Usually the RefMan is the reference.

In debug mode, use memory view for SFR and check itvagsinst SFR view which maybe using svd description file format.

Piranha
Chief II

That is an error in SVD file. The SVD files are with so many errors that reporting those one by one will never fix those...

@KDJEM.1​ , also the EXTSEL field in the reference manual should be shown as a single 5-bit wide field, not that mess of a separate bits.

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Gašper Hribar​ & @Piranha​,

Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention.

I reported Internally.

SVD related issue tracked in internal ticket 139893.

Documentation related issue tracked under the number 139898. 

These are internal tracking numbers and are not accessible or usable by customers.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello,

The SVD issue has been solved in the STM32G4 system view description version 2.2.

The typo in the reference manual has been fixed in RM0440 Rev 8.

Thank you for your contribution in STCommunity.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.