cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Generate Code" deletes 6 source files from an imported example (Nx_MQTT_Client) from ST's set. Manually replacing files temporarily fixes (until the next "Project->Generate Code".

AShap.3
Associate III

I've a bunch of issues with STM32CubeIDE.

To repeat the "Deleted Source Files" issue in STM32CubeIDE, running on a Mac M2 or Intel (not a Rosetta issue) under MacOS Ventura 13.x. STM32U5 board. Do the following:

File->Import... General:Import STM32Cube Example

Name: Nx_MQTT_Client

Pick Name=Nx_MQTT_Client / Board=B-U5851-IOT02A

Hit "Next" and create the new project by following the prompts.

Do a Project->Build Project (which should succeed even if WiFi info not supplied as per readme).

Since I know what's going to happen next, copy the following files from the newly installed project, perhaps using the following terminal command:

cp ~/STM32CubeIDE/workspace_1.11.0/Nx_MQTT_Client/Middlewares/ST/netxduo/common/src/{nx_ram_network_driver.c,nx_tcp_server_socket_driver_listen.c,nx_tcp_socket_driver_establish.c,nx_tcp_socket_driver_establish.c,nx_tcp_socket_driver_packet_receive.c,nx_udp_socket_driver_packet_receive.c} /tmp

(that's all on one line BTW).

Then do a "Project->Generate Code", followed by a "Project->Build Project". On my setup, the files I copied out to /tmp are now all missing and the "Build Project" fails. The command:

cp /tmp/{nx_ram_network_driver.c,nx_tcp_server_socket_driver_listen.c,nx_tcp_socket_driver_establish.c,nx_tcp_socket_driver_establish.c,nx_tcp_socket_driver_packet_receive.c,nx_udp_socket_driver_packet_receive.c} ~/STM32CubeIDE/workspace_1.11.0/Nx_MQTT_Client/Middlewares/ST/netxduo/common/src

restored the missing files and subsequent "Project->Build Project" succeed until the next "Project->Generate Code".

Any ideas what is causing the file deletion issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello @AShap.3​ 

First let me thank you for having reported 😊

This problem is raised internally to be reviewed. I'll keep you posted with the updates.

Internal ticket number: 144381 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Thanks for your contribution.

Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello @AShap.3​ 

First let me thank you for having reported 😊

This problem is raised internally to be reviewed. I'll keep you posted with the updates.

Internal ticket number: 144381 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Thanks for your contribution.

Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

AShap.3
Associate III

Thanks for picking this up. There was a spurious space in each of the shell commands (above). I fixed them.

Regards,

--Alen

AShap.3
Associate III

(No... that does not fix the problem... it fixes my work-around report - which is UNIX specific)

Pavel A.
Evangelist III
AShap.3
Associate III

Thanks for trying but... same problem :(

0693W00000aHNJiQAO.pngresults in...

0693W00000aHNJxQAO.png