cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with ethernet on SMT32F429ZIT6

PabloD9026
Associate

Hi, I am having problems connecting my f429 board (nucleo 144) through ethernet with TCP. I followed several threads that i lost the link to, but here are my settings.

PabloD9026_0-1701670911715.png

and of course the LWIP configuration (everything not shown was left by default)

PabloD9026_1-1701670968017.png

i al turned on LWIP_BROADCAST_PING and LWIP_MULTICAST_PING

PabloD9026_2-1701671110225.png

IPv6 and HTTPD are disabled

PabloD9026_3-1701671193569.png

and here for the PHY i tried with both, and none worked.

PabloD9026_4-1701671329985.png

also increased the heap size

In the code, on the main while(1) function, i have the: MX_LWIP_Process()

The problem is that i try to ping the board, and i get timeout, never an answer.

Can anyone se any problems or has any idea why?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @PabloD9026 ,

Have you Checked this FAQ: How do I create a project for STM32H7 with Ethernet and LwIP stack working?

Also, I advise you to start with an available LwIP_HTTP_Server_Netconn_RTOS example. This application guides STM32Cube HAL API users to run a http server application based on Netconn API of LwIP TCP/IP stack.

This example may be help you to configure your own project. 

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @PabloD9026 ,

Have you Checked this FAQ: How do I create a project for STM32H7 with Ethernet and LwIP stack working?

Also, I advise you to start with an available LwIP_HTTP_Server_Netconn_RTOS example. This application guides STM32Cube HAL API users to run a http server application based on Netconn API of LwIP TCP/IP stack.

This example may be help you to configure your own project. 

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I have one more question, in the examples you ve sent it was written that the STM32 board has to be connected with a crossover ethernet cable or through a router. 

My question is, is this true? and can i use an ethernet-switch instead of a router?, if not, is there any work-around? for examples changing some pins on the board.

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hi @PabloD9026,

Yes, you can use an Ethernet-switch.

Thank you for your contribution in STCommunity.

Kaouthar