cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LWIP Free RTOS Problem

Arman Ilmak
Senior

Hi.

I have a problem while using lwip and freertos.

The board is based on stm32h743vih.

The mpu configuration is done correctly i think.

My problem is after i start udp server and start to send data with udp, everything is ok, but after a while i will enter a loop in xQueueSemaphoreTake an in the configASSERT( pxQueue->uxItemSize == 0 ).

I searched a lot and i saw this:

https://community.st.com/t5/stm32cubemx-mcus/cubemx-lwip-ethernet-link-thread-bug/m-p/126556

I did what it said but this time when it happens im not in the loop but the other tasks get very slow and actually a task with osdelay(1) is executing every 1 second.

What should i do?

3 REPLIES 3
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Arman Ilmak ,

Could you please check the MPU and LWIP configurations, for that I recommend you to take a look to How to create project for STM32H7 with Ethernet an... - STMicroelectronics Community

Also, I advise you to start with an available example. I think this example can help you STM32H7-LwIP-Examples/STM32H743_Nucleo_ETH at main · stm32-hotspot/STM32H7-LwIP-Examples · GitHub.

I hope this help you to solve your issue.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Ive done exact the same configuration.

But i see odd behavior.

When i config only eth with rtos and lwip i see hardfault.

But with the same eth configuration and just enabling uart (no other action just hal will call uart init)

i dont see hardfault and everything work fine.

Im really confused.

GreatEel21st
Associate

@KDJEM.1  

The same goes with Github example codes as they fail with Freertos tasks stuck

GreatEel21st_1-1703915157431.png