cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lwip_accept(..) getting blocked

VSomasekhar
Associate

I’ve created an STM32 project using STM32CubeIDE and enabled LWIP and FreeRTOS. My purpose is to run a basic TCP Server program on the STM3240G-Eval board using BSD sockets, containing two threads. I need to use most of the BSD socket calls such as lwip_socket(..), as mentioned in the sockets.h file.

I’ve created a basic tcp server program and run it as the default task in FreeRTOS. The APIs lwip_socket(..), lwip_bind(..) and lwip_listen(..) have passed. The program got blocked in lwip_accept(..). When debugged, the execution sequence is found to be as follows:

lwip_accept(..) --> netconn_accept(..) --> sys_arch_mbox_fetch(..) --> OS function calls. No error seen, but the program blocked at this point.

Could you please help resolving this issue? Am I missing setting any configuration parameter in opt.h?

1 REPLY 1
ASEHST
ST Employee

Hello @VSomasekhar ,

Thank you for your report. I would like to clarify that lwip_accept is used to accept a new connection on a TCP socket that is set to listen mode. By default, lwip_accept functions in blocking mode, which means that the program's execution is halted until an incoming connection is detected.

With Regards,

If your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".