cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with QSPI External Flash Loader Verification Functionality for STM32H745

APate.18
Associate III

I am writing to address a concern regarding the QSPI External Flash Loader that I have developed, which I have attached below for your reference.

The functionality of reading, writing, and erasing operations with the ".stldr" file in conjunction with other project files is working seamlessly. However, I am encountering an issue when attempting to verify the data during the loading/debugging process.

I would greatly appreciate your assistance in resolving this matter. If there are any insights or suggestions you could provide to help rectify this issue, it would be immensely helpful.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your prompt response.

33 REPLIES 33

In  my particular case, in the "write" function on the "qspi.c" i "added" the offset to the "address" parameter/member requiered to by the function.

No

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Okay. Then if the programmer is just masking off the final 2 bits before writing to the device, I don't see how this can't be a bug in the programmer. I mean, if it were doing a by-1 shift, then maybe it's a start address issue in the QSPI flash, or an SFDP driver error or something. But, if just simply masking off the final 2 bits, then the resulting commands to the device would be identical.

Either way, it's telling it to start writing at 0x90000000 and the byte stream that it says to write should be identical.

I will do some more instrumenting. Thanks to urbito for the idea to make the change there too. More to come tomorrow...

No, I mean I think it's unrelated to alignment, but simply an off-by-one issue

Alignment in QSPI NOR FLASH terms is most typically 256-byte pages, how those buffer and write, and don't span.

You'll have to convince me something else is going on, with data

Suggest you set logging verboseness to 3 and observe what's being sent to the External Loader, or instrument the external loader so you can view it's perspective. These things are a pig to debug, and conjecture is a waste of time.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..