cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is STM32_USB_Device_Library portable or usable for STM32U5?

Ramin1
Associate II

I wonder if the STM32_USB_Device_Library middleware is compatible with STM32U5?

I can see that the USBX has been included in the Cube as the host/device library for U5 but since we want to migrate from STM32L5 to STM32U5 and we have already our usb communication based on STM32_USB_Device_Library, that might be great to see if STM32_USB_Device_Library could be ported or used on STM32U5? Otherwise we have to refactor our usb communication to use USBX library

Thank you in advance

16 REPLIES 16

Hi @Ramin​ ,

Final review in progress, hopefully publication will be available this week.

I will get back to you as soon as the publication is made.

Thank you for your patience while we work on this, and I count on your kind understanding.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Imen.D
ST Employee

Dear @Ramin​ ,

I'm pleased to announce you that the STM32U5 Classic Core Middleware (CoreMW) MCU Firmware Package is now available on GitHub 🙂.

Thank you once again for your patience and for your contribution.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
pkulk.1
Associate II

@Imen DAHMEN​ I am trying to implement USB VCP (device only).

I am using this U5 board first time. Could you share an example or link to simple USB communication using STM32U5.

Tvoge.1
Associate II

Can I get some assistance how to implement the STM32U5 Classic Core Middleware (CoreMW) MCU Firmware Package . With other sample projects, there are usually .ioc, .cproject, .project files. With those, I simply import as project, compile and go. This package does not appear to contain any projects, just directory of files.

I am attempting to integrate USB Device - HID Standalone into my existing project.

Scust.1
Associate

Hello @Imen DAHMEN​ 

I think there is a small variable naming error in function

USBD_StatusTypeDef USBD_LL_SetUSBAddress(USBD_HandleTypeDef *pdev,
                                         uint8_t dev_addr)
{
  UNUSED(pdev);
  UNUSED(ep_addr);

return USBD_OK;
}

in file

stm32u5-classic-coremw-apps-main\Middlewares\ST\STM32_USB_Device_Library\Core\Src\usbd_conf_template.c

BR

Paul

@Imen.D I also want to use the U5 as a USB-CDC device, specifically this project nucleo-u575-usb-device-cdc 

But since no STM32CubeIDE or MDK-ARM projects are available, it is rather difficult to port all from the included folders. Can you throw some light on how to get these working inside the STM32CubeIDE platform or a make file? Thanks