cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is STM32_USB_Device_Library portable or usable for STM32U5?

Ramin1
Associate II

I wonder if the STM32_USB_Device_Library middleware is compatible with STM32U5?

I can see that the USBX has been included in the Cube as the host/device library for U5 but since we want to migrate from STM32L5 to STM32U5 and we have already our usb communication based on STM32_USB_Device_Library, that might be great to see if STM32_USB_Device_Library could be ported or used on STM32U5? Otherwise we have to refactor our usb communication to use USBX library

Thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Dear @Ramin​ ,

I'm pleased to announce you that the STM32U5 Classic Core Middleware (CoreMW) MCU Firmware Package is now available on GitHub 🙂.

Thank you once again for your patience and for your contribution.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Ramin​ and welcome to the Community 🙂

In the STM32U5 there is now USBX (AzureRTOS) and the device legacy ST lib is still compatible with all available MCUs.

You can get latest tags from github or use the one of STM32L5, this is HW independent.

However, there will be examples supporting STM32_USB_Device_Library in Github (but I can't give you any target date for the moment).

There is also an AN5371 Application note "STM32L5 Series to STM32U575/585 migration guide" it may help you on the migration.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Ramin1
Associate II

Thank you Imen for getting back to me.

On which Github repo shall we expecting this example and is there any worst case estimation about the time there?

I think we should adapt and replace the usbd and usb_conf templates(h and c) for STM32U5 and that would do the trick, right?

Best Regards,

Ramin

Here is the link for the USB device lib Middleware.

For sure you need to adapt the usbd_conf for OTG IP.

Let me check back with the team about the expected delivery date, and I will come back to you with update.

Imen

Thanks
Imen
Ramin1
Associate II

Appreciate your help, actually we will be using U5 as a device only, not host.

That would be great to see if by when we will be having that example in the github repo. I look forward to receving your feedback.

Ramin

Imen.D
ST Employee

I have the pleasure to inform that the STM32U5 Classic CoreMW package will be available on GitHub in few days 🙂 .

So, keep an eye out for the coming update.

Imen

Thanks
Imen

Wow, that is a great news for us, on the same repo here https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/stm32_mw_usb_device? or somewhere else?

I'll make sure to post the announcement here with the GitHub link, as soon as I have more details.

Thanks
Imen
Ramin1
Associate II

I do appreciate your support,

Ramin

Ramin1
Associate II

Dear @Imen DAHMEN​ ,

I wonder if you might already have any update for me on this regard? We are eager and have to start the usb library integration this week.

Thank you in advance,

Ramin