cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IEEE-488 (General purpose interface bus / GPIB) implementation

AKhar.5
Associate II

Hello,

I would like to implement IEEE-488. on stm32.

In order to connect send commands and download data from old digital equipment.

Does someone familiar with GPIB library code implementation?

4 REPLIES 4

I think there are commercial products that do this.

Perhaps pick a protocol you're familiar with, or you can read/interpret the specification for, as your initial task.

Check GitHub and the wider internet for projects of this nature, on the STM32, and similar MCU, that you might be able to port, or at least get some understanding or perspective from?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

...i.e. this implementation for GPIB running on STM32.

Good luck

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hey Peter,

Am assuming you are the same Peter Bensch I used to work with back in the naughties. If so, hello! 🙂

I've been looking at this software as I need to implement a GPIB device and documentation is sketchy to say the least. This is some weird code, it has an include file for a PIC and some of the functions it calls don't exist. Do you  know anything about it, or is it just something you found on a Google search?

Cheers!

Rob (from Manchester)

Sort thing I'd expect to find on Hack-a-Day

Used in a lot of T&M equipment, swear Commodore used a variant in the early 1980's. Sorry more of a SASI/SCSI bus guy myself, from Portsmouth.

https://github.com/topics/ieee488

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..