cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm not receiving an data on my usb port, using UART-USART on my NUCLEO-STM32

ichbinGroot
Associate III

I'm sending a simple string to with HAL_UART_Transmit()  "Hello", and when I look at the Input on my COM-Port there is nothing showing up, just a blank plain text site. Yes I am transmitting at the right baud rate 115200 and I don't have an extra parity bit or anything of that nature. I'm using default settings on everything here. My Board is a NUCLEO-H563ZI with an STM32H563ZIT6. I am using UART 7 to communicate. I will also link my files here. I have basically tried every UARTx and USARTx. When I check the State with HAL_UART_GetState() I get HAL_UART_STATE_READY and as return on the HAL_UART_Transmit() I get HAL_OK.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

> When I check the State with HAL_UART_GetState() I get HAL_UART_STATE_READY and as return on the HAL_UART_Transmit() I get HAL_OK.

So it's probably not a code issue.

What pin are you using? Check in the schematic that it's connected and doesn't require solder bridges to be modified.

Put a logic analyzer on the pin to verify activity. Initialize the pin as GPIO output instead and toggle it to establish you're monitoring the right pin.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
ichbinGroot
Associate III

I'm sorry I couldn't attach my .ioc file, when I try to attach It the website tells me " the xxx.ioc file does not match its extension file so it was removed". And just so you know I'm using a MacBook Air. (I'm am a beginner in all this so I really don't know if that makes a difference or not. Probably not tho.) Thanks in Advance for the answers, I've been having this problem for days now.

ichbinGroot
Associate III

I haven't checked the pins though with an oscilloscope if they're really transmitting with the baud rate I want them to. 

ichbinGroot
Associate III
TDK
Guru

> When I check the State with HAL_UART_GetState() I get HAL_UART_STATE_READY and as return on the HAL_UART_Transmit() I get HAL_OK.

So it's probably not a code issue.

What pin are you using? Check in the schematic that it's connected and doesn't require solder bridges to be modified.

Put a logic analyzer on the pin to verify activity. Initialize the pin as GPIO output instead and toggle it to establish you're monitoring the right pin.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello @ichbinGroot , 

Try to compress the .ioc file to file_name.zip 

Foued

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi,

How do you check the data reception? If you're using a COM Terminal, please check you are using the correct configuration.

Ayoub

Karl Yamashita
Lead II

You haven't mentioned the device you're connecting the UART7 pins to the COM port?  USB<>Serial adapter (TTL or RS232)? 

If you find my answers useful, click the accept button so that way others can see the solution.

I am using 2 COM Terminals to check if the other one isn't faulty. First one I'm using is Serialtools and the second one is Coolterm. I do have the config right I think because I have the right baud rate,total bits, parity bits, and stop bits configured 115200/8-N-1. The only thing that could be configured wrong is, I have selected RTS and CTS as flow control option and I don't remember having actual wires designated just for that, so that would be something to look into. Maybe software flow control is the way to go here.

I am using an usb-c to usb c cable so the answer would be neither one?Or does Usb c use the same method as a TTL serial adapter?