cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just want to program my mcu (STM32F103C6T6A) via usb port which is connected to mcu's usb pins. I don't want to use jtag or swd. What should i do for boot0/1 pins?

EKaya.11
Associate II

I read AN2606 but i couldn't understand exactly. My understood is that if i connect boot0 pin to ground, main flash memory is gonna be selected.

My question is if i do it(connecting boot0 pin to ground), will i lose the ability which enable me to program mcu via usb port?.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best hmm

STLINK ??? Is swd HW for program and debug no relevant with bootloader...

And boot0 on ground dont lose ability to run system loader from app, only block boot to.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
MM..1
Chief II

You must miss read AN , where you see that 103 have USB DFU? I seent

But it has usb connection pins. That's why i think like that

No this MCU can use only user type DFU. You need split flash to bootloader part and this proggram over SWD or supported boot serial system. After this boot USB and ...

Javier1
Principal

>if i do it(connecting boot0 pin to ground), will i lose the ability which enable me to program mcu via usb port?.

You wont be able to use the STLINKs bootloader DFU/UART/...(which requires you to pull high the boot pin after reset)

we dont need to firmware by ourselves, lets talk

So firstly, i have to use any serial system as swd which is supporting by the mcu, then i'll write my bootloader program. So this written bootloader program will enable the mcu to use it's usb port for programming right?, could i understand correctly?. And also, along for all this process boot0 pin will be connected to ground for accessing to main flash memory.

Best hmm

STLINK ??? Is swd HW for program and debug no relevant with bootloader...

And boot0 on ground dont lose ability to run system loader from app, only block boot to.

k

we dont need to firmware by ourselves, lets talk

thank