cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a STM32L476RETX LQFP64 WHAT DO I NEED TO HAVE TO FLASH IT?

JBonn
Associate III
4 REPLIES 4
gbm
Lead III

You need to have a look at ST website.

FBL
ST Employee

Hello @JBonn​ and welcome to ST Community 😀

Could you be me specific about "What do I need to have? "

You can get started with CubeProgrammer to flash code and access bootloader directly.

If your question is about the hardware implementation, you may refer to AN4555.

It shows how to use STM32L4 with the minimum hardware resources to develop a user application.

I hope my answer has helped you. When your question is answered please close this topic by marking as Best the reply that answered you, it will help others find that answer faster.

Thanks for your contribution.

Firas

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

JBonn
Associate III

I did not ask the question clearly. I have in my hand three STM32L4 chips. I have in my PC the code to flash in these chips. Then i will send the chips to be put on a board. What do i need to have in order to flash these three chips?

KnarfB
Principal III

Flashing before soldering can be done, but I wouldn't do that for 3 prototypes, unless you already have special equipment like a LQFP64 programming adaptor. Usually, the chips are programmed on the PCB where you already have the proper power supply using the SWD interface or via system memory boot. See Firas' comment and also AN2606 Application note "STM32 microcontroller system memory boot mode".

hth

KnarfB