cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F767ZI NUCLEO TCP/IP client without RTOS

rdevisetti
Associate II

How to write code for TCP client on the STM32F767ZI based NUCLEO board without using any RTOS on STM32Cube IDE? Do you have any example code? Also looking for TCP server code that is working... Please respond with details and the sample program if you have one. It is little urgent. Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
MOBEJ
ST Employee

hello @rdevisetti , 

For developing a TCP client on the STM32F767ZI NUCLEO board without using any RTOS, you can find useful example code in the STM32Cube firmware package. Specifically, you can refer to the examples on Github : 

https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeF7/tree/master/Projects/STM32756G_EVAL/Applications/LwIP

LwIP_TCP_Echo_Client

LwIP_TCP_Echo_Server

You can adapt the examples to fit the STM32F767ZI NUCLEO board and your specific requirements.

Br

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Those examples using Netconn RTOS. So that does not suit my need. Please point me to the program that runs on bare board with no OS. Also that shall be implemented for STM32Cube IDE for STM32F767ZI.

Hello @rdevisetti , 

This 2 examples  LwIP_TCP_Echo_Client & LwIP_TCP_Echo_Server doesn't use Netconn RTOS .

using LwIP_TCP_Echo_Client example  , in lwipopts.h  file  ( line 181) Netconn API is  disactivate : 

* LWIP_NETCONN==1: Enable Netconn API (require to use api_lib.c)
*/
#define LWIP_NETCONN               0

BR

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I had made the changes to my project for configuring my NUCLEO-F767ZI board as a TCP client and my PC as TCP server. But what I noticed is that the board is not acquiring the IP address. I turned on the DHCP also on the board. Please let me know what I am doing wrong. I need it urgently and is important for me. TCP Server on my PC is working fine when I tested it with a TCP Client program running on the same PC. Attached the TCP Server Visual Studio solution also for your reference.

I had attached my TCP Client Project to this reply in 7z format for your reference. I am working on this for last many days. Please provide your feedback on my project. We will be using this project for initial test on our custom board based on STM32F767VIT6 once this project is working. Thanks!