cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use more than one IHMO2A1 expansion boards.

PavanKaruchola
Associate II

I am using two ihmo2a1 expansion boards with STM32-Nucleo-F401RE to control 4 stepper motors. When I stack one expansion board on another. The signal given to the first board is transmitted to the second board. I removed comments to define the second expansion board in "xnucleoihm02a1.h" file but it did not work out. What changes have to be made to use more than one expansion board? I would be grateful if you could help me out. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @PavanKaruchola,

Indeed, the pin configuration for each expansion board should be defined separately. You can refer to the user manual for more details about the hardware setup. You should check solder bridges mounted SB23 (OP0) and  SB7 (OP1) and respectively R23, R25 should be ON accordingly.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
FBL
ST Employee

Hello @PavanKaruchola 

Which X Cube example are you using? Generally, you need to check the specifications of L6470 and align it with the configuration using the driver you have already shared.

I hope this help you get an idea how to customize this firmware package. 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

PavanKaruchola
Associate II

Thank you for your response. I am using X-CUDE-SPN2 and STM32Cube IDE for programming. I have checked L6470.c and L6470.h there are only functions and classes defined for driver control. The above mentioned file consists of expansion board definitions. I defined two expansion boards by removing comments, even when I tried to run by one expansion board by defining a second expansion board it didn't work. I think the pin configuration for each expansion board should be defined properly. I tried to find the GPIO pin configuration in this case they are mentioned as OP1, and OP2 like. I hope my description of the problem is clear. Hoping for a reply.

Hello @PavanKaruchola,

Indeed, the pin configuration for each expansion board should be defined separately. You can refer to the user manual for more details about the hardware setup. You should check solder bridges mounted SB23 (OP0) and  SB7 (OP1) and respectively R23, R25 should be ON accordingly.

PavanKaruchola
Associate II

Do you mean, I have to remove the solder bridge from SB23 and place it on SB7 to use two expansion boards?

PavanKaruchola
Associate II

I got it. Thanks for the guidance.