cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello i was reading the "STM32 microcontroller system memory boot mode" documantation and I saw SPI SCK pin pulled down via 10Kohm resistor in SPI connection part. I couldn't see any reason for that. Why SCK pin needs pul down?

EKOSE.1
Associate

0693W00000Y9920QAB.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @EKOSE.1​, to the community!

You are referring to AN2606, section 4.3, Hardware connection requirements, right?

In order not to interpret interspersed interference pulses as an apparent clock pulse to SCK during periods where SCK is floating, the connection line should be pulled low.

Does it answer your question?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @EKOSE.1​, to the community!

You are referring to AN2606, section 4.3, Hardware connection requirements, right?

In order not to interpret interspersed interference pulses as an apparent clock pulse to SCK during periods where SCK is floating, the connection line should be pulled low.

Does it answer your question?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Yes i reffered the AN2606. Thanks for your answer. You explained well.

Great!

If the problem is solved, please mark this thread as answered by selecting Select as best, as also explained here. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Regards

/Peter