Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

handling Boot0 floating input

brianj
Associate II
Posted on April 22, 2015 at 22:03

Hello,

Unfortunately, we've manufactured a large batch of boards with the STM32F103's BOOT0 pin left floating, and not pulled high or low.  As a reliable fix (besides soldering jumper wires) for this issue, can the Boot0 pin be disabled or disregarded internally somehow?  Via a register setting or something?  If not, what's another reliable (software only) method to fix this scenario?

Thanks!  Brian

#boot0-stm32
11 REPLIES 11
brianj
Associate II
Posted on April 25, 2015 at 18:10

Wo, wo hwasti, calm down bro, I think you're taking this way too personally.  I'm simply attempting to gather ALL of the available information that I can so that the big dawgs at the top can make the best decision possible, considering all factors.  In fact, that's exactly why I'd like more technical input from ST about the internals of that pin, so that we can make a more analytically technical assessment of the risks.  Thanks for your passion man, but please keep in mind that not everything is black and white.  Peace!

TDK
Guru
Posted on April 25, 2015 at 21:15

Yes, that was the question I answered.  🙂  Two designs, one board per design.  Two boards total.

Yeah I don't see ST changing anything.  It's unlikely to be a mistake, since it's documented correctly.  Just the way it is.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".