cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting FLASH_FLAG_PGSERR when calling FLASH_WaitForLastOperation((uint32_t)FLASH_TIMEOUT_VALUE)

ZHaid.1
Associate II

I am trying to download Firmware into the Flash in the form of 4KB Chunks. However, on some pages, I am unable to update Flash because HAL_FLASHEx_Erase() returning an error as I am getting FLASH_FLAG_PGSERR for FLASH_WaitForLastOperation(). It is occurring randomly. Sometimes I am able to download the firmware completely on the flash and sometimes I run into this issue. 

I am calling FLASH_update() to copy the chunks into the flash. I have attached flash_l4.c for reference

Any help is appreciated 

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

> int FLASH_update(uint32_t dst_addr, const void *data, uint32_t size)

I'd recommend logging the parameters you pass to FLASH_update and noting which one fails. Looks like you already do some amount of logging, why not provide that information as well?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Are there interrupts enabled, or do you use RTOS?

One possible mechanism how PGSERR gets set is through inadvertent non-programming write to FLASH area by an errorneously written code, so what I'm  hinting at here is that maybe in some other concurrent process/interrupt this may be happening.

Try disabling/enabling interrupts around the programming functions.

JW