cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fatal error: stm32u5xx.h: No such file or directory

jessie_chiu
Associate III

I am testing the development board STM32U5A9J-DK with THIS and trying to run the GPIO Toggle example program. But during the build process I get the error fatal error: stm32u5xx.h: No such file or directory.
I am using CubeIDE version 1.14.1.
How to fix this problem?

fatal_error_headerFile.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Try to clone this repository using the command.

git clone --recursive https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeU5.git

Best regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @jessie_chiu and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

If you have downloaded the Cube Package using the Download as .Zip from Github you will may have such a problem. You need to download it using the Git Commands or the download as .Zip from our ST Website.

If you have done this, You should verify your paths.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi, I'm glad to hear from you. I've re-downloaded the project using git and I'm still getting the same error, what else can I try?

jessie_chiu_0-1710751824782.png

Try to clone this repository using the command.

git clone --recursive https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeU5.git

Best regards.

STTwo-32 

Hello,

If you download the package from here do you face the same issue?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I didn't try this specifically, but the git command worked for me, thanks for the answer!