Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

en.stm32cubef4_v1-27-0.zip does not install

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA
ST Employee

Hello @Dave Nadler​ , @Amel NASRI​ 

A change request has been already raised to the dev team to improve the current implementation, As you suggested CubeMX should detect and display a proper error message about insufficient disk space. I will keep you posted with updates.

Internal ticket number: 127486(This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

If your issue is solved, please close this post by clicking the "Select as Best" button. This will help other members of the community find this response more quickly 🙂

Sara.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @Dave Nadler​ ,

Is the described problem still valid?

If yes, could you please explain what is meant by it does not install? Do you mean that download via STM32CubeMX doesn't work properly?

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

@Amel NASRI​ - I'm not sure what you mean by "a valid problem"?

The install failures were due to not enough disk space.

Can you please create a bug ticket as follows:

Installation should check that there is enough disk space,

and produce a specific error message if disk space runs out during installation.

A vague "something went wrong" error message is very unhelpful!

Thanks,

Best Regards, Dave

Hi @Dave Nadler​ ,

Simply I mean "is the problem still there".

I see your other question which looks like a duplicate of current one with more details.

So, you are using STM32CubeMX.

@Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA​ , is there already such improvement on the pipe for STM32CubeMX (see latest proposal from Dave).

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA
ST Employee

Hello @Dave Nadler​ , @Amel NASRI​ 

A change request has been already raised to the dev team to improve the current implementation, As you suggested CubeMX should detect and display a proper error message about insufficient disk space. I will keep you posted with updates.

Internal ticket number: 127486(This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

If your issue is solved, please close this post by clicking the "Select as Best" button. This will help other members of the community find this response more quickly 🙂

Sara.

Thanks @Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA​ !