cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does STM32 provide any generic VID and PID?

lprzenioslo
Associate II

Hello,

We are currently developing a device based on STM32L0 MCU. We would like to implement a USB device functionality in it. The problem we have is that we don't know what USB VID and PID to set for it, since we don't want to buy our own, since this is just a small, side functionality.

My question is: does ST provide any specific PID/ VID values, that are available to be used legally (and commercially) by their customers when implemented with STM32 products?

I would appreciate all help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The sublicensing policy must also be observed, which, among other things, does not allow the use of the USB-IF logo, because the USB-IF compliance test would have to be passed successfully.

In the thread mentioned before, sales offices and distributors have already been referred to. In addition, you can submit an informal request to the personal Online Support System OLS, where you will be given the necessary details.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Yes, the procedure has been already shown here.

Does it answer your question?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks for the answer @Peter BENSCH​ ,

This partially answers my question, as I still need to know the price for the "ST's PID".

The sublicence from STMicroelectronics is free, but limited to small projects. Also, one must be aware that the approval process takes some time.

If the problem is solved, please mark this thread as answered by selecting Select as best, as also explained here. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Good luck!

/Peter

Thanks for the further info,

The sublicence from STMicroelectronics is free, but limited to small projects. Also, one must be aware that the approval process takes some time.

I see. But this must be somehow formalized? How is a small project defined and who should I contact exactly for resolving this?

The sublicensing policy must also be observed, which, among other things, does not allow the use of the USB-IF logo, because the USB-IF compliance test would have to be passed successfully.

In the thread mentioned before, sales offices and distributors have already been referred to. In addition, you can submit an informal request to the personal Online Support System OLS, where you will be given the necessary details.

Regards

/Peter