cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there any examples of STM32F769 dual role HS USB OTG firmware?

AMurr.2
Associate II

I can find the UM1021 document for STM32F105xx, STM32F107xx, STM32F2xx and STM32F4xx, but nothing for STM32F7xx.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Community member​ ,

Our F7 Firmware package don't support dual role OTG application.

However, if we have a plan to support this kind of application, I will keep you informed.

Thanks for your understanding.

BeST Regards,

Walid

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

ST provide examples using dual-role device and dual-role host under our F7 firmware package.

Below you will find the project paths:

• Projects\STM32F769I_EVAL\Applications\USB_Device\DualCore_Standalone
  • Projects\STM32F769I_EVAL\Applications\USB_Host\DualCore_Standalone

But, we have no examples that support the dual host/device role.

BeST Regards,

Walid

AMurr.2
Associate II

Thanks for the reply Walid.

I've seen those examples and they show how to implement USB Device ONLY and USB Host ONLY stacks without OTG.

What I'm specifically after is the OTG capability and "dual role", where we should be able to swap USB stacks from host to device stack and vice-versa 'on-the-fly' when detecting what has been attached.

The user manual and datasheets for the STM32F7xx say that dual role OTG is supported, but I cannot find any information to help with implementing this.

Has anyone in the wider community managed to implement dual-role host/device OTG? And if so, can they point me to any documentation or better still example code?

thanks,

Andy.

Our F7 Firmware package don't support dual role OTG application.

However, if we have a plan to support this kind of application, I will keep you informed.

Thanks for your understanding.

BeST Regards,

Walid

AMurr.2
Associate II

If not dual-role, are there any examples of single-role OTG?

E.g. Host with MSC that can swap to Device VCP?

Is there still no example for dual role operation for the F7 or H743 or similar from ST?