cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there any example projets that actually work on STM32f769i-Disco which could be used to make my SD_card project work?

MPoul.1
Associate II

Hi there, I'm a French engineering student, and we were given a project by a company. For this work, we were told to work with stm32, and we choose to work with STM32f769i-Disco, because it had a lot of features we needed. Our project is based on TouchGFX. We need to be able to read and write data on an micro SD card, so I tried to configure the project as shown in the few (very few) tutorials i could find, but no matter what I can't make it work.

I'm a complete beginner to the STM32 world, and i had only that week to discover the stm32Cube IDE, so i'm still a bit lost in what i have to do...

I tried a lot of things, as shown here:

https://microtechnics.ru/en/stm32cube-microcontroller-stm32-and-fatfs/

or here:

https://ngolongtech.net/stm32f7-disco-write-data-to-sd-card-with-fatfs/

and i even found i had to use DMA streams here :

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X00009XkWceSAF/stm32f411re-stm32cube-fatfs-sdio-sdcard-always-returns-frdiskerr

But no matter what i couldn't make it to work.

I also tried to work with the example project in the STM32CubeF7-master git repo, but it doesn't even work. I guess the stm32f769-eval and disco don't have the same connexions...

No matter what, the uSD won't be mounted (but retSD = FATFS_LinkDriver(&SD_Driver, SDPath); seems to work find, with or without the SD card plugged... Is that even normal?)

Do you have any advice?

Thanks a lot!

Matthieu

3 REPLIES 3

STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.16.0\Projects\STM32F769I-Discovery\Applications\Display\LCD_PicturesFromSDCard

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
MPoul.1
Associate II

Thank you for your fast answer, that project is indeed working!

Now I have to figure out how to make it work on a project with a .ioc file... Thanks a lot!

MPoul.1
Associate II

Ok so despite having added all the include paths to the properties of my project, #include "stm32f769i_discovery.h" doesn't work. I get the error : ../../Core/Inc/main.h:35:10: fatal error: stm32f769i_discovery.h: No such file or directory

#include "stm32f769i_discovery.h", but my .h file is present in the included directories on the left of Cube IDE.

Has anyone had this issue?

[edit] Seems, the issue was that i didn't add those directories to the c++ part. But now i'm getting an error without knowing where it comes from:

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

make: *** [makefile:70: STM32F769I_DISCO.elf] Error 1

[edit2]

After regenerating the project, the error was more detailled, i'm missing

-l:libtouchgfx-float-abi-hard.a

[Final Edit]

I added a folder in the original path to be placed exactly as the example, but the library path wasn't updated, so i had to do it manually. (If someone has the same issue one day :X )

Thank you for your help!

0693W000001pqAsQAI.png

0693W000001pqB7QAI.png