cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why ST-Link programmer on NUCLEO-XXXXRX works while NUCLEO-XXXXRX-P does not?

abaldur
Associate III

Hi

For some time I have been using the ST-Link programmer from a NUCLEO-L452RE board for programming a custom STM32 board (external MCU). It has been working very well.

Recently, I have acquired a NUCLEO-L452RE-P, which has a bit different ST-Link programmer. For instance, it uses a micro USB connector as opposed to a mini connector. Also, it has an extra jumper. But aside from that, they look pretty much the same.

The thing is, I cannot get the NUCLEO-L452RE-P programmer to work on the same custom STM32 board. I have connected it the same way as I do for the NUCLEO-L452RE using the same SWD cable. Both ST-Link programmers have the same (latest) firmware V2J33M25.

I use Atollic TrueSTUDIO which reports the following error:

Error in initializing ST-Link device.

Reason: (4) No device found on target.

Can anyone explain why they are not compatible?

Thanks

/ abaldur

12 REPLIES 12

Thx, will try that. However, I don't have that connected on the NUCLEO-XXXXRX variant where it works?

/ abaldur

The issue is the same.

I have now mounted a 100 ohm resistor on R23 and soldered a wire from CN3.Pin1 (VDD_TARGET) to 3V3_ST_LINK.

/ abaldur

Well, sorry, I don't know now... I have an ST-LINK cut from an MB1319B on my bench. It is working, I'm currently connected to a STM32F7.