cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What uart port connects to the modem on the B-L462E-CELL1 board?

JVand.12
Associate II

2 REPLIES 2
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @JVand.12​ ,

The USB connector is used to connect the UARTs of the modem to debug and update the modem in LBAD0ZZ1SE.

The " CN10" is a USB connector for UART. Indeed, the CN10 is connected to UART1 and UART2 through USB-UART converter. These connections are well descripted in the MB1508-L462RE-C03 Board schematic in Sheet 5.

For more explanation, I advise you to refer to UM2743 and precisely Hardware layout and configuration Section and USB connector for UART Section.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

To clarify, I am asking about the UART connection that is used by the low level code to tx/rx data via the cell modem. Digging into the setup code for the driver I discovered that the MCU transmits data to Port A, GPIO4, and receives on Port C, GPIO5. There is a unique wakeup step and so ordinary UART code will fail. Due to the bugs I encountered with handling of sockets I am entertaining creating my own driver.