cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using more than 60 ST Link flasher on one PC with command line tool

CHors.1
Associate II

My team has built up a complex test setup with about 72 ECUs of which all have an ST Link V2 connected to update all the controllers automatically.

With the help of an USB extension board they are all actively connected to the PC.

The issue is now, that the STM32_Programmer_CLI.exe (2.7.0) tool is only detecting exactly 60 of those connected flashers. The list output just shows 60 entries.

I access the flashers directly by their serial number. But it is only possible to access the ones directly, that show up in the list of 60.

The older ST Link Utility had the same issue.

I there any way to work around this issue?

8 REPLIES 8
Uwe Bonnes
Principal III

Did you consider other programs, like OpenOCD, pyOcd or Bl*ckm*g*c/ Hosted. For the last one, I could help to clean up possible errors...

MM..1
Chief II

Why you need use only one pc ? Maybe virtual PC helps. And in devicelist you have more as 60, isnt windows limit?

Are all 72 STLinks visible in the system? I.e. isn't this a limitation of the system, e.g. the root hub?

JW

CHors.1
Associate II

All flasher are visible in the system, which I verified with a tool that shows connected USB devices. Also you can tell by the ST Link LED, if it is properly connected. Continuously red: USB connection active. Flashing red: No USB connection (only power).

We achieved this many devices by using an additional USB host controller.

Also I can unplug some of the devices to make the others available for the command line interface.

There are several options on the table like using multiple PCs, switchable USB hubs or Multiplexer. However all of these would require additional resources. So I am currently investigating software options first.

The hint to try out different tools is great, so I will look into those now. Thank you.

> I verified with a tool that shows connected USB devices

This appears to confirm ST's programs' limitation then; but I personally wouldn't hold my breath waiting for ST to chime in with a solution.

JW

Does seem a tad excessive, sort of thing one might hope there is a registry setting for. Otherwise a .DLL with larger allocation, or more dynamic range.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

@Nawres GHARBI​ 

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
CHors.1
Associate II

Using pyOCD did the trick. No limitation to 60 flashers.

Harder to get everything set up, but it works now.