cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understand SensorDemoBLE configuration (BlueNRG-M2 chipset)

Hi,

My STWIN.box board have a BlueNRG-M2 chipset connected to a MCU.

I decided to get X-CUBE-BLE2 middleware, and I get SensorDemoBLE application from this latter. My goal is to learn how to use BlueNRG-M2 chipset.

There is some configuration that I dont understand under the (.ioc) file of the project.

To better understand, here is a photo of the (.ioc) :

q3z85d41xqz036d_0-1712913136062.png

And here is a photo of the documentation of my board concerning the PIN configuration of the blueNRG-M2 chipset :

q3z85d41xqz036d_1-1712913387281.png

So here's my question's :

1) Does PF14 PIN (that is INT) is well configured when I choose : GPIO_EXTI14 from (.ioc) file ?

2) Does PD13 PIN (that is RESET) is well configured when I choose : GPIO_Output from (.ioc) file ?

3) From the first photo, the second line of "HCI_TL_Interface" (BUS IO driver) tell that we will communicate from the MCU to the blueNRG-M2 chipset with SPI1 ?

4) What is the second part named "BSP" on the first photo ? Why do we provide another serial communication (like UART 3 from this example) in addition of SPI.

I saw that the BlueNRG-M2 chipset can have both UART and SPI communication, so that make sense, but I dont get the utility of BSP. I saw only a little paragraph in a documentation saying that is Board Support Package, and its use to "provide a programming interface for certain board-specific peripherals like LEDs, user buttons, etc.".

Is it used to let the BlueNRG-M2 chipset "communicate" with a LED and a Button (because I had to mention a LED Pin and a Button Pin, in the first photo).

Thanks for your help.

2 REPLIES 2

I up, if someone have an idea ?

Mike_ST
ST Employee

Hello,

1) Does PF14 PIN (that is INT) is well configured when I choose : GPIO_EXTI14 from (.ioc) file ?
yes, this is used by the BLE chip when there is something to process on the BLE interface.

2) Does PD13 PIN (that is RESET) is well configured when I choose : GPIO_Output from (.ioc) file ?
yes, this is used to reset the BLE chip from the STM32U585

3) From the first photo, the second line of "HCI_TL_Interface" (BUS IO driver) tell that we will communicate from the MCU to the blueNRG-M2 chipset with SPI1 ?
Yes, and I think this is a mistake because the user manual states that SPI3 is the default one on PB4/PB5/PG9.

4) What is the second part named "BSP" on the first photo ? Why do we provide another serial communication (like UART 3 from this example) in addition of SPI.
This is for configuring common peripherals like LED and button. On a STWIN.box you have LEDs on PH10 and PH12 and a button on PE0.

For the COM port, you might want to use a communication interface in your application to interact with the user or for debug.
USART2 to use the Serial port available on the ST-LinkV3 debug interface on the CN5 connector.
USART3 to use the RS485 port on J1.

In any case please check the schematic that is shown in the User Manual:

https://www.st.com/resource/en/user_manual/um2965-getting-started-with-the-stevalstwinbx1-sensortile-wireless-industrial-node-development-kit-stmicroelectronics.pdf