cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UART on F7508-DK

Jamiw
Associate II

I am trying to implement a data transfer using UART on the STM32F7508-DK, but cannot get it to work. I have been trying for the minimal example from the step-by-step instructions https://wiki.st.com/stm32mcu/wiki/STM32StepByStep:Step3_Introduction_to_the_UART.

I took tried both UART7 with PF7 for UART7_TX and PF6 for UART7_RX, and USART2 with PA2 for USART2_TX and PA3 for USART2_RX, which I've taken from the manual for STM32F750x8. They are already set when I put UART7 or USART2 into Asychronous mode, and I disable all other UART and USART before building the project. I've have verified that I have the matching setups in my terminal (I am using TeraTerm), but I get no message on the Terminal.
I tried this same example code with a different board and had no issues there, and I have made sure my pins match the board.

1 REPLY 1
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

As you are using STM32F7508-DK board and using TeraTerm, you didn't mention how you did the connection from the board to the PC?

With this board you need to use USART1 (PB7: USART1_Rx, PA9: USART1_TX).

According to the schematics:

SofLit_1-1721404935013.png

ST-LINK will be used as a virtual comport between the MCU and your PC.

SofLit_0-1721404766737.png

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.