cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UART Communication Issue

VGani.1
Associate III

Hi, 

I am using G474RE nucleo board and I want to communicate between the UARTs available on the board (UART2,UART1 and UART3). Message is not transmitting complete in to UART1 from UART2 and same with UART3 from UART1 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @VGani.1 ,

I advise you check the UART clocks and content of UART registers when the issue occurs.

Please share more details when code hangs.

Did you use UART example with STM32CubeG4 package? this may help you on your implementation.

I recommend you the following articles which contain a list of examples about STM32 UART DMA RX/TX:

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @VGani.1 ,

I advise you check the UART clocks and content of UART registers when the issue occurs.

Please share more details when code hangs.

Did you use UART example with STM32CubeG4 package? this may help you on your implementation.

I recommend you the following articles which contain a list of examples about STM32 UART DMA RX/TX:

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
TDK
Guru

Probably a code bug. Note that you need to start the receive operation prior to starting the send operation.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Karl Yamashita
Lead III

Show your code so we can see how you're trying to communicate to each UART.

If smoke escapes your device, put the smoke back in. It'll still work as a conversation piece. If you find my answers useful, click the Accept as Solution button so that way others can see the solution.