cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off SWD pinging/discovery on STLink-V3 MINIE/SET

lmessing
Associate II

Hello,

I have been using the STLINKV3-PWR to flash programs onto the STM32WB55 via SWD. Afterwards I have script that automatically measured the current consumption when the CPU is asleep. This is working fine.

Now I have to switch to STLINKV3- MINIE or SET. With this however the consumption of the target device rises from 60uA(PWR) to 500uA (MINIE/SET). It looks like the MINIE is constantly searching for boards or waking up the CPU. Is it possible to turn this feature off with the STM32_Programmer_CLI or somehow else keep the CPU sleeping? Disconnecting the device from the debugger during measurement is not an option for us.

Consumption with V3-PWR connected:

ST-LinkV3 PWR

PWR.png

  

ST-LinkV3 MINIE

MINIE.png

Thank you & BR

2 REPLIES 2
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

@lmessing wrote:

Disconnecting the device from the debugger during measurement is not an option for us.

Why not?

You really can't make meaningful measurements in the uA range with any debug probe connected - it will always add some leakage.

During production testing we do not have the ability to manually connect/disconnect the device.

It is working with the ST Link V3 PWR, so it is possible to keep a programmer connected via cables to measure the sleep current. With connected I just mean the hardware is connected not any transmission happening. Accuracy of +-10uA is fine.