cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up the LSE clock in STM32L431RCTX

Thenuk__a
Associate II

I have setup the RTC LSI on the board and got the serial print date and time. and now i wanted to get the RTC LSE clock and serial print clock values. i configured the clock configuration in LSE by following the same steps as i did in LSI, but it didn't work. It prints like this.

Thenuk__a_0-1722517262394.png

Thenuk__a_0-1722516066223.png

6 REPLIES 6
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III
TDK
Guru

Is this custom hardware? Perhaps the LSE design is insufficient. Debug your code and find out if the LSE gets successfully started.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

First, i will initialize the time and then the clock is set up and the count continues. It will show up on the serial monitor of the CubeIDE. This one I have done this by enabling LSI on the clock configuration. Now I wanted to do it by enabling LSE. The reason I can't use LSI is because there is a time shift in the LSI and I hope that there is no time shift it LSE. 

Here by I have attached how I did in LSI and I wanted to do similarly in LSE

Thenuk__a_0-1722518621966.png

Thenuk__a_1-1722518679327.png

Yes it's custom. can i know what u mean by LSE design insufficient ? 

Incorrect load caps. Traces too long. That sort of thing.

Perhaps take a look at

cd00221665-oscillator-design-guide-for-stm8af-al-s-stm32-mcus-and-mpus-stmicroelectronics.pdf

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

@Thenuk__a wrote:

Yes it's custom.  

So please post the schematic - per the posting tips:

https://community.st.com/t5/community-guidelines/how-to-write-your-question-to-maximize-your-chances-to-find-a/ta-p/575228

@Thenuk__a wrote:

what u mean by LSE design insufficient ? 

Basically, the design is poor or wrong - the oscillator doesn't work.

Did you follow the design guidelines in the datasheet and the various Application Notes; eg,

AN2867 Guidelines for oscillator design on STM8AF/AL/S and STM32 MCUs/MPUs

AN4555 Getting started with STM32L4 Series and STM32L4+ Series hardware development

AN4759 Introduction to using the hardware real-time clock (RTC) and the tamper management unit (TAMP) with STM32 MCUs