cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The STM32H757I-EVAL is compatible with STM32H757BIT6

PedroGonzagaJr
Associate

Hi,

I'm planning to start a project with the STM32H757BIT6 microcontroller (MCU). I'd like to use the STM32H757I-EVAL evaluation board, but I noticed it utilizes the STM32H757XIH6 MCU.

I'd like to confirm if I can begin development using this evaluation board. While I understand the STM32H757XIH6 MCU may have additional pinouts, is the STM32H757I-EVAL still compatible with the STM32H757BIT6?

Can I start my project using this evaluation board and after my prototipe is done, change simply configure it for the new target MCU? Of course, I'll need to be mindful of only using the pinouts available on the STM32H757BIT6.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

You can use it but as you said the difference is in io numbers so you need to select the common pins to port your firmware directly to the final mcu target.

For more information refer to the datasheet / table 2 and section 8.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

You can use it but as you said the difference is in io numbers so you need to select the common pins to port your firmware directly to the final mcu target.

For more information refer to the datasheet / table 2 and section 8.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello,

problably I not open the same datasheet, because I not found table 2 and section 8.  The datasheet that I did see is stm32h757ai.pdf  and this datasheet the section is 5 Pin descriptions and table is table 8. STM32H757xI pin/ball definition 

Thank for your answer!Table 8. STM32H757xI pin/ball definitionTable 8. STM32H757xI pin/ball definition

SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

No. It's the correct datasheet that I'm referring to. Table 8 doesn't show the feature differences between the part numbers but only the pinouts. In your situatio you need to look at the internal memory sizes, the peripheral instances etc not only the pinout.

These are the screenshots from DS12931 Rev 3:

SofLit_0-1712824983663.png

Table 2 showing the difference between the part numbers:

SofLit_1-1712825026552.png

Section 8 showing other details:

SofLit_2-1712825064578.png