Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H7S78-DK: Examples needed

mfny
Associate II

Hi all,

Anyone have example projects for the following for the STM32H7S78-DK board ?:

1)"Hello World". Displaying the text "Hello World" on the display.

2)Audio. Playing back a simple tone though the audio output.

Am new to development so the included display and audio examples are to complicated for my purposes so was hoping someone here could provide something simpler in these cases for me to look at.

6 REPLIES 6
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

By ‘something simpler’ do you mean an embedded hello world, i.e. a flashing LED?

Otherwise there are a number of examples in the firmware library:

• FatFs_MultiAccess
  • FatFs_uSD_RTOS
  • FatFs_uSD_Standalone
  • LwIP_TFTP_Server
  • OpenBootloader
  • ROT examples (Root of Trust)
  • USB_Device Audio_Standalone
  • USB_Device MSC_Standalone
  • USB_Host AUDIO_Standalone
  • USB_Host CDC_Standalone
  • USB_Host DualClass_Standalone
  • USB_Host HID_RTOS
  • USB_Host MSC_RTOS
  • USBPD USBPD_DRP_DRD
  • USBPD USBPD_SNK
  • USBPD USBPD_SRC

You can choose whichever is easiest for you to get started with.

Hope that helps?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I am seeing 2 audio examples one called AUDIO_Standalone the other called Audio_Standalone both seem to be implementing an USB audio interface though I am not sure from the description.

I would be looking for an example of playing a tone from the audio output, not something more advanced as an USB audio interface implementation.

mfny
Associate II

I have found an audio playback example in the BSP example, however I can not get it to work as following the instructions: 

"Copy file 'audio_sample_tdm.bin' (available in Binary) directly in the flash at @0x700A0000 using STM32CubeProgrammer utility"

Leads to an out of memory limits error in STM32CubeProgrammer with the value of @0x700A0000

How would I correct this error ?

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Did you select the external loader MX66UW1G45G_STM32H7S78-DK to flash the bin file?

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I managed to fix the issue, I was entering the address in the wrong place to flash the file.

Southbranch
Senior II

Hi!

Other than the examples from CubeMX, are there any tutorials/videos available to cover the boot flash concept together with exernal RAM/FLASH for the new STM32H7S/R-line? 

I noted there is a OpenBootloader example listed above, but I was hoping for a tutorial on the concept as such.

I am familiar with previous H7-series

Thanks