cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H745XI Discovery and Ethernet physical connection

DSvit.1
Associate

Hi,

I am trying to use Ethernet with STM32H745XI Discovery board and try to find out, if default board configuration can be used or I need to redirect Q-SPI to pints to Ethernet. Unfortunately the documentation description is not clear - should be this done or should be this done only for Half-duplex operation. Is it possible to use RMII configuration?, in documentation has been written - it is connected with MII, but Microchip PHY support also RMII.

I am not hardware guy and have never worked with Ethernet previously.

So the 2 main question:

• should I do a board rework according to specification, because Ethernet will not work
  • Can I use RMII configuration

Thank you in advance.

Documentation reference:

0693W00000FB2J7QAL.png0693W00000FB2JWQA1.png 

Best regards, Dima

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @DSvit.1​ 

Q-SPI and ethernet share some pins even when using RMII. Therefore, it wouldn't be possible to use ethernet without following the application note instructions.

BeST Regards,

Walid

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hello @DSvit.1​ 

Q-SPI and ethernet share some pins even when using RMII. Therefore, it wouldn't be possible to use ethernet without following the application note instructions.

BeST Regards,

Walid

DSvit.1
Associate

Hi Walid,

Get it worked !!!, thank you very much

Best Regards, Dmytro

Hello @DSvit.1​ ,

Nice to here that and glad to help you :smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Please click on Select as Best if my post fully answered your question. This will help other customers with the same issue to find the solution faster!

BeST Regards,

Walid