cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[STM32F767ZIT6 Rev "Z"] PDR_ON (pin143) internally shorted to VSS (pin130)

Mecanix
Senior

Hello,

Could someone help me to find the pinouts for STM32F767ZIT6 Rev."Z" please, I've looked everywhere, erratas included. The IC's pinout isn't as per official ST datasheet, and per guidance where the PDR_ON pin should/can be tied to VDD. On this model everything blows up if you attempt to tie it to VDD (among other anomalies). Therefore it is my understanding that this IC is probably a "one-off" custom pinout, or perhaps a knockoff, I wouldn't be able to tell.

Attaching a visual of the mentioned IC. If anyone has any hints about what I'm dealing with I'd appreciate (I have qty 150 of those in hand).

0693W00000NqmUoQAJ.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

PDR_ON is supposed to be a pure input.

> PDR_ON (pin143) internally shorted to VSS (pin130)

If you measure this on a bare chip, you definitively want to talk to ST, through FAE or web support form, not to us here.

If it's on a PCB, then look for shorts or intentional interconnections.

JW

Mecanix
Senior

For clarification this PDR_ON to VSS is measured on the bare chip itself, out of the box, not on the PCB. Hence internally shorted.

I've contacted ST nearly a week ago to report this and ask for a pinout trace, and still awaiting for a reply. In a meantime I was hoping for any experienced engineers from the community here to hint on what could possibly be the reason why this Rev Z blows up when tied to VDD...

Mecanix
Senior

Additionally: found this which highlights a similar issue with the F4 series.

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X00009XkaGKSAZ/pdron-errata-on-lqfp100-for-stm32f4

I'd be reassured to see an errata for the F7 Rev Z Just so I can figure out what's what for that IC revision. Other pins behaves strangely too, particularly PE9, PC10, PC13 and PF10.