cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For STM32L072CB, is Revision "1" "P" and Revision "Z" interchangeable?

BTyle.1
Associate II

We received several batches of STM32L072CBT6, among them, there are Revision 1, Revision P, and Revision Z.

As per the errata data sheet, these 3 revisions are put in the same column of the chart "Summary of device errata".

Does it mean these 3 revisions are totally the same?

The marking "1" "P" and "Q" just indicate different manufacturing facilities or locations?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Revision changes with functional impact are indicated in Errata, or in rare cases ('H743) in DS/RM. In other words, revisions with no differences in either document are identical from functional point of view. As you've said, it may mean different fab, or a minor change which has no impact on functionality but has impact on manufacturability/yield (e.g. change of bonding pad size/position).

Note, that this is primarily a user-driven forum with casual ST presence. I am a mere user with no insight to ST's operations, so treat my answer accordingly. If in doubts, try to contact ST directly, through FAE or web support form.

JW

There are different codes for diffusion (fab) and assembly plants, these are two-digit codes.

In this case I think this designates different mask-sets at different locations, because those might be physically different (size, optical grates), and not interchangeable between sites, but from the same GDSII (or whatever) files describing the design.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thank you.

Thank you!