cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32f405rgt is not detected after connecting with st link not even show on device manger

Rizvi
Associate III

Don't know weather my Stm32F405 (new) needs a bootload or not? 

I have designed a custom stm32 board in order to detect my stm32 by the computer for the code uploading i connected my stm32 externally with a TQFP breakout board with my ST-LINK V2 , all the necessary connections have been made after that when i try to connect it on stmcubeide i shows can not connect i tried it with stm32 utulity software as well same result arise. 

when powering my stm using st link or external power all the vdd pins are getting 3.29v while the vcap is 1.2v and 1.6v (2.2 uf capacitors) . 

i just want to make sure that i am doing correct wiring or not and if yes then what is the bootload issue? is that need to do the bootloading externally 

in this picture ignore all the connection except power and swclk and swdio connection...

thankyou in advance 

image.png ? 

10 REPLIES 10
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Well, if you cannot measure the internal 3.3V of the ST-LINK at pin 19, which is normally found there, you have probably damaged something in the ST-LINK. Theoretically, however, the ST-LINK could still function despite the lack of voltage on pin 19, as there should be an internal resistor that may have burnt out. That's why I wrote to check the ST-LINK on a KGB.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.