cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STLINK-V3PWR hardware failure

PJEN
Associate III

I'm using my V3PWR probe for weeks now... but this morning it refuses to work. It was working yesterday evening with the same setup.

When I connect to the USB-C cable, no led at all , no USB enumeration ... nothing !! I changed the cable without success.

Where could I find the hardware schematics to have a chance to track the fault ?

Is there a point of failure already identified on these probes ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PJEN
Associate III

Hello Christophe,

No, I did not return the device to Farnell yet …

I can send it directly to ST for analysis.
It will be interesting for me to know if I’ve done something wrong with this probe in order not to make the mistake again 😉 
For the moment I use the STLINK part of a Nucleo board so I can wait a while before to order a new V3PWR probe 

Best regards,

Pierre

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
STea
ST Employee

Hello @PJEN ,

If you don't get anything when you connect the probe to the pc it is most probably bricked if the LEDs are not lighting up  and you tried replacing the cable and USB port i recommend you can return it to your vendor and look for a replacement.

Where could I find the hardware schematics to have a chance to track the fault ?

answer : you cannot find the schematics because they are not publicly diffused . 

Is there a point of failure already identified on these probes ? 

answer : there is not reported issues with this kind of problem on the STLINK-V3PWR so probably an electric spike was transferred to the device from the pc due to a sudden loss of power lead to the breaking of the probe. 

BR

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
ChristopheB
ST Employee

Hello @PJEN ,

Could you please let me know if you already returned back your STLINK-V3PWR to your vendor? 

If not, I will contact you in private message to manage the replacement in order to analyze the failure directly in our labs.

BR,

Christophe

PJEN
Associate III

Hello Christophe,

No, I did not return the device to Farnell yet …

I can send it directly to ST for analysis.
It will be interesting for me to know if I’ve done something wrong with this probe in order not to make the mistake again 😉 
For the moment I use the STLINK part of a Nucleo board so I can wait a while before to order a new V3PWR probe 

Best regards,

Pierre
ChristopheB
ST Employee

Hi Pierre,

Your failing STLINK-V3PWR board has been analyzed in our labs:

• There was a PCB soldering issue : A Schottky diode supplying the Over Voltage Protection of the Type-C VBUS was not soldered properly making OVP circuit open.
  • A ticket has been raised to our EMS to track this quality issue.

So you do not have made anything wrong with your STLINK-V3PWR.

BR,

Christophe

PJEN
Associate III

👍

And I just received the replacement probe ...

Thank you for your support