cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STLINK-MINIE SWD not working

MRebo.3
Associate II

Hey guys,

I have nucleo and STLINK mini boards that I can upload programs into my custom boards with STM32. But I decided to buy the new STLINK MINIE.

When I try to connect some board with STM32 (custom board or nucleo), using STLINK-MINIE, I get this error: "Error: No STM32 target found!". Even with the nucleo board it doesn't work (I removed the CN2 connector from the nucleo board and connected the SWDIO, SWCLK and GND of the MINIE to the arduino header on the nucleo board).

Can anyone help me with this problem? We can focus on the nucleo board that we are sure the hardware is ok, I even was able to program the nucleo board using STLINK-V2, only using SWDIO, SWCLK and GND connected to the arduino header, the same way that I have tried with STLINK MINIE, as I said above.

In short, I removed the CN2 jumpers from the nucleo board and connected SWDIO, SWCLCK and GND of STLINK-MINIE to the nucleo board and it didn't work. With STLINK-V2 it works.

Error with STLINK-MINIE:

2023-07-03-10_41_06.png

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AScha.3
Chief II

first - see MY problems with new  STLINK MINIE .

https://community.st.com/t5/boards-and-hardware-tools-mcus/new-st-link-v3-minie-not-working-on-windows-7-or-10-whats-wrong/m-p/55046

now got it working...   ( and i use connect "software reset" , so dont need working reset connection. )

+ on your pic :V3 shows target voltage 0,21v . so you didnt connect VDD ! depending on firmware, stlink thinking there is no cpu with power...and dont connect. so make vdd pin on minie to 3v3 , from target.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @MRebo.3,

Try mode "Under Reset".

Check BOOT0 high. 

Imen

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
AScha.3
Chief II

first - see MY problems with new  STLINK MINIE .

https://community.st.com/t5/boards-and-hardware-tools-mcus/new-st-link-v3-minie-not-working-on-windows-7-or-10-whats-wrong/m-p/55046

now got it working...   ( and i use connect "software reset" , so dont need working reset connection. )

+ on your pic :V3 shows target voltage 0,21v . so you didnt connect VDD ! depending on firmware, stlink thinking there is no cpu with power...and dont connect. so make vdd pin on minie to 3v3 , from target.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

I have tried all combinations and none of them worked... the HW is the nucleo board, so the BOOT0 is low I think. In my custom board is low, but why STLINKV2 works and STLINK MINIE doesn't work?

Thanks for help.

I saw your issue and tried one time put 3v3 on VCC of MINIE, but I did only one test with this way. I will perform more tests with VCC connected on 3v3, changing to "software reset" and so on...

This VCC for MINIE is input? Do I need to add 3v3 from my custom board (in this case, from nucleo), correct? I was thinking that this VCC on MINIE was output...

Thanks for help.

VCC for MINIE is input - yep. only to check target voltage - you have to supply your board by separate power supply.

stlink V2 (the nice "clones") giving power output at 3v3 and 5v , simple and good - but not by STM. 

AScha3_0-1688414741105.png

now we have genuine STM design.

I see,

I connected the VCC and now it is working! Thanks very much my friend. As you said, the VCC was missing and needs to work.