cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST Link upgrade error

VKoga.1
Associate II

0693W00000GZ9HFQA1.pngWhile I was working to upload firmware to a board STM32CubeIDE refused to upload code until i had updated ST Link from V2.J25.S7 to V2.J39.S7, while I wanted to comply I am getting the following error. Any help is appreciated.

0693W00000GZ9HFQA1.png

19 REPLIES 19
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Is the ST-LINK/V2 an original from STMicroelectronics or a clone?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Try a different cable, machine or port​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

robu.in is selling two different ST-LINK/V2: one clone and a genuine one. It should be the right one if it really is the one from your URL, i.e. an ST-LINK/V2 in a white plastic housing with the label ST. The other, cloned ST-LINK/V2 in an aluminum disk shell can be found here.

If it is the latter version, there may well be problems with an upgrade.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I have changed cable & port still facing the same issue,

I got it from the exact URL i posted previously, I will share a photo of it once I get back from work.

So any solution to the problem?​

Do you happen to have a second ST-LINK/V2 to narrow down what/where the problem is?

Regards

/Peter

Uwe Bonnes
Principal III

Show a photo of your device.

I only have a single ST link connected.