cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST LINK not Detected FDCAN in STM32 Normal Mode Message Ram Configuration - STMH7451-Disco

MROWL
Associate III

Yes it is a common problem - just can't find  the problem  -  Download  FDCAN  Files from Youtube controllers site.

Software side -IDE,MX  files  okay  except when I get to debug configuration - Error" no

st link "   drivers exist in Device Manager  ; hook up to power CN15 on H7451 ; Windows 11 system

Downloaded St link 0009 latest - followed wizard  everything okay; ( maybe it matters what directory the  amd64 is in ?

Help?

DebugFDCANH7451NORMALMODE.pngSTMH7451boardpowerconnect.pngBUSDRIVER.pngST LINK 009.pngST LINK 009.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

This board has on-board ST-LINK. There are some badly detected USB devices in the dev. manager. Check the  USB and power cables. Check the board connector and any jumpers that can affect ST-LINK or power supply.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TDK
Guru

Do you have a genuine programmer?

Can you connect with STM32CubeProgrammer?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
MROWL
Associate III

No I don't have a STM32 Cube Programmer  Is it a necessary condition ?

Could it be that maybe  I need to ensure the firmaware is updated ( will doulbe check ) and  in the debugger ( configuration) use my IP address and local host for my PC ?  See my post on the Local Host Failure - Time Out FD CAN Normal Operating Mode - have that issue with two  STM32H743I2Z

TDK
Guru

Oh nevermind, you clearly have a genuine ST board. The part about trying to connect with STM32CubeProgrammer is still relevant.

You need a programmer to program. The IDE says it can't find one.

STM32CubeProgrammer is the software that is used to connect.

If you do have a programmer and it looks like this, it's not a genuine programmer and is subject to not work well with ST tools.

TDK_0-1702069635491.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

This board has on-board ST-LINK. There are some badly detected USB devices in the dev. manager. Check the  USB and power cables. Check the board connector and any jumpers that can affect ST-LINK or power supply.

MROWL
Associate III

Thanks  Have  download verification

Addundum

However "  in main.c   cm7 after  creating breakpoint at line 156 like the ( see below pic"s for  remaining text) ErrorTargetNot AvailbleResumebuttomH7451FDCANNM.pngErrorTargetNot AvailbleResumebuttomH7451FDCANNM.pngLiveexpression.png

1786656e-bb96-44b6-9a6e-c3eac1bd921b.png

video and populating the " expression" then hitting resume button  - no response - see attached   - can't create the  data  like that in the video - last pic 

Any guidance would be appreciated. I'm powering thru the CN14 SLTK /USB connector so far so good up to that point