cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sensortile.box pro mqtt

Frabbit
Associate III

Hello everyone!

I'm a novice and I've never used an STMicroelectronics component before.

I just downloaded the ST BLE Sensor application to connect to my SensorTile.Box Pro.

It recognizes it and everything seems fine so far. I also noticed that there's an option to connect it to a Mosquitto broker, so I entered the URL, port, username, and password, also selecting the features it should send.

I noticed that the topic is deviceid/Features, so I created a new node on Node-RED to visualize the data. The app ST BLE Sensor tells me that the connection to the broker was successful, but I'm not seeing any data on the dashboard. Can anyone provide me with some further clarification?

Thanks 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nathan_Xi
Associate III

Hello Frabbit.

So which firmware is your STEVAL-MKBOXPRO running on? I tested the 1.1.0 version and it didn't output any information. Also the json file program failed. So it's important to change back to v1.0.7.

Secondly, which demo is on your box? To some of the demos, the output is unable to send in the form of data.

I suggest that you should check your embedded firmware and create a simpler software in "expert view" for testing which you can find at the bottom of the App GUI, and set up the output form by yourself. However, that require some expertise.

Hope my answer can fix the bug.

Wish you good luck.

By the way, if my answer is helpful, please click on "accept as solution". That will greatly help.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Nathan_Xi
Associate III

Hello Frabbit.

So which firmware is your STEVAL-MKBOXPRO running on? I tested the 1.1.0 version and it didn't output any information. Also the json file program failed. So it's important to change back to v1.0.7.

Secondly, which demo is on your box? To some of the demos, the output is unable to send in the form of data.

I suggest that you should check your embedded firmware and create a simpler software in "expert view" for testing which you can find at the bottom of the App GUI, and set up the output form by yourself. However, that require some expertise.

Hope my answer can fix the bug.

Wish you good luck.

By the way, if my answer is helpful, please click on "accept as solution". That will greatly help.

Hi Nathan, thanks for the answer, i am running the STSW-MXBOXPRO entry/expert Mode v1.0.0 with  stsw-mkboxpro-fs as software i was trying to only send the battery but nothing, i cant see nothing on nodered :(

photo_5792104754522996096_y.jpg

And another think, if i try to create a new flow with this version v1.0.0 it say to me that

photo_5792104754522996099_y.jpg

Well

I don't know what happened to your battery info, but I'm sure that the battery info loads really slow.

It's important to renew your firmware. The firmware FOTA update is available on Android Apps.

I have an iPhone and a Huawei Mate 10, but firmware update seems to be unavailable on iOS...

With an Android, it worked perfectly.

So why? That's because iOS has a secure function which disabled the firmware download and upload, as well as the json file distribution on the board. However an Android has an open file system which supports the BOX's firmware.

There are two choices for you to load the latest firmware: 

1. Buy an Android phone to load the firmware through FOTA.

2. Buy an official ICP (i.e. STLINKV3-SET) for the board, and download the board's SDK. Program the board with the latest firmware using the ICP (skip FOTA , force download, however you need to open up the BOX using a screw).

Hope that solves your problem.

Best regards.

Hello,

I'm a newby of ST boards and using the SensorTile.Box pro I'm having the same problem. If I want to try to receive data from the correct topic, could you please explain me which could be an example of "deviceid/Features" format topic? Is the deviceid the exadecimal code without colon symbols (e.g. E24E8A6AC121?) or is different?

Moreover: you are talking about a firmware version 1.0.7, while trying to update it from the app, I can choose only between 1.0.0, 1.1.0, 1.2.0 and 1.2.1 (with 1.2.0 and 1.2.1 that give me problems with my SensorTile.Box Pro). Where I can find the 1.0.7 version of the firmware?

Thanks in advance!